It's the beginning of December, and we still don't have a new contract to sign. Here's a quick run-down of what has transpired, in case you need a refresher:
Due to the covid related shutdowns, negotiations were postponed.
IBB Teams received training and began negotiating.
The IBB Process failed to result in a tentative agreement and impasse was declared.
1st Tentative Agreement
Our negotiations team agreed to take the TA to the bargaining unit for a vote. They let the mediator know they believed it would be rejected.
Vote No Recommendation
The UTW E-Board and Pro-reps voted to recommend a no vote on the tentative agreement.
1st Tentative Agreement Rejected
79.4% of the bargaining unit voted to reject the tentative agreement.
2nd Tentative Agreement
Our negotiation team met with the BOE's team and felt they reached the best possible agreement.
E-board met and voted 13-1 to recommend a yes vote on the TA.
Pro-reps met and voted as follows:
48.1% voted to recommend yes, 30.4% voted to recommend no, and 21.5% voted to present this to the bargaining unit without a recommendation.
Bargaining Unit Vote
The entire bargaining unit will vote on whether to accept or reject the latest tentative agreement. They will have until 12/7 at noon to vote.
Latest Tentative Agreement
- One step
- All tracks
- Longevity for those who qualify
- 0% increase to the base
- $690 per month BOE paid premium for health insurance
- 1.2% of the current base salary in a one-time bonus for those employees that would not have otherwise received any compensation increase under this offer. The one-time bonus would be paid to active employees in March 2021, prior to the district beginning spring break.*
- Reduction in plan time from 232 to 225 minutes per week, with additional 45 min p/mo for elementary
- Changes to the Marzano MOU, increasing elements from 10 to 11
*In order to fund the guaranteed 1.2% one-time bonus for those employees that would not have otherwise received any compensation increase under this offer, the district will make necessary budget adjustments between now and March. Next steps will include the tentative agreement being presented to the UTW executive board for approval, followed by member vote and BOE ratification.